Monday, May 04, 2009

A Year in Provence

"A Year in Provence", 12x24, oil on masonite

"Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
Towering over your head.
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,
And she's gone.

{CHORUS}
Lucy in the sky with diamonds,
Lucy in the sky with diamonds,
Lucy in the sky with diamonds,
Ah... Ah..."

Somehow, every time I look at this painting, I think of the Beatles' 1969 hit, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".

Sure, there's marmalade skies in this painting, but there's certainly no boat on the river there or even a girl with sun in her eyes! However, this painting does have many, many wonderful elements in it- the mountains of Provence, lavender fields, an old French farmhouse and even sunflowers in the foreground! Anyhow, I truly love this painting, and it has gone into many art shows over the past year or so since I first painted it. I recently decided that I need to let go and sell some of my favorite paintings in order to challenge myself to do even better work in the future, so if you like this painting, here is your opportunity.

If you have any interest in purchasing this painting, please send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com. I am also willing to sell it professionally framed as well, (for an additional charge, since it is a custom frame), if someone is wanting to receive it in a custom frame ready to hang. Here is a picture of the framed piece below:

This painting has incredible depth and texture that a computer screen can simply not measure. It was painted thoughtfully with palette knife only, over a period of time. I hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

This one is absolutely incredible, even online.