Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Lake of the Woods, Autumn vista", 16x12, oil on masonite


"Lake of the Woods, Autumn vista", 16x12, oil on masonite

I took yesterday's quick plein air study and applied it to today's more refined piece in the studio. I was very happy with the result. This painting is definitely moving in the direction that I wish to go- which is after my true love-Classic Impressionism. Here is the scene that I painted which is in my very own Florida neighborhood. You can read about the study here.



I'll be headed off to Denver to the American Impressionist Society's 10th annual juried show at the Saks Gallery this Friday the 23rd. The reception is 5 to 8PM, and I do hope that my Denver collectors will join me there for a special evening of gorgeous art! In addition to looking forward to being inspired by the magnificent works of the top Impressionists of today's world, I also am planning a trip to the Rocky Mountain National Park for more inspiration! I can't wait! Jeez.

Life is good. Amen and thank you Lord!

If you wish to purchase the above painting, please send me an email. Thanks!

, , , , ,,,,

No comments: