Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Ukrainian Girl", 16x20, oil on linen

"Ukrainian Girl", 16x20, oil on linen

This painting is currently on exhibit at Art Center Sarasota's "Red Hot" exhibit. She is shown in her native costume, and I added some landscape effects in the background in keeping with the landscape of the Ukraine. I painted her last spring and was unsure whether or not I had done her justice. I think that over time I have seen my portraits grow more mature, and while i was happy with this painting at the time that I created it, I now see things about it that could have been improved. That, is a good thing!

I am hoping that David Leffel's workshop this coming week, will help me attain a new level in my portrait and still life paintings! We'll see!

If you would like to purchase "Ukrainian Girl" , please send me an email and include your purchase offer, at maryannejacobsen@aol.com.

Have a good week!

No comments: