Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fields of Gold, 12x16, oil on canvas, paintings of sunflowers, paintings with impasto, impressionist paintings, farmhouse painting, yellow

Sold

"Field of Gold", 12x16, oil on canvas panel
(Note: Click on the photo to see the thick passages of impasto)

The first time that I heard the song "Fields of Gold" was when my middle son was in college. He had joined the acapella group, The Colgate Thirteen, and this was one of the songs on the album that they released that year. I bought the cassette and played the song over and over until the tape broke- that's how beautiful the song was and I especially loved the way that the Colgate Thirteen sang it acapella.

Colgate13.Stargazing.Track12.FieldsofGold.mp3 (audio/mpeg Object): - Sent using Google Toolbar

Anyhow, that song was playing though my mind when I painted this one. No, there's no barley, but there's nothing like a field of sunflowers to spread a little happiness to a plain old wall! The painting was done with palette knife only in a loose impressionist style and has a great deal of nice texture throughout. It has been in an exhibit for the past 10 months and so I had to dust it off a bit before I photographed it.

If you would like to purchase this painting for $295, please use the PayPal button below, other wise just enjoy the beautiful lyrics to "Fields of Gold" below.

You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Upon the fields of barley
You'll forget the sun in his jealous sky
As we walk in the fields of gold

So she took her love
For to gaze awhile
Upon the fields of barley
In his arms she fell as her hair came down
Among the fields of gold

Will you stay with me, will you be my love
Among the fields of barley
We'll forget the sun in his jealous sky
As we lie in the fields of gold

See the west wind move like a lover so
Upon the fields of barley
Feel her body rise when you kiss her mouth
Among the fields of gold
I never made promises lightly
And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left
We'll walk in the fields of gold
We'll walk in the fields of gold

Many years have passed since those summer days
Among the fields of barley
See the children run as the sun goes down
Among the fields of gold
You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Upon the fields of barley
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky
When we walked in the fields of gold
When we walked in the fields of gold
When we walked in the fields of gold

1 comment:

Diane Leonard said...

Hi Maryanne -- I found your blog through Susan Roux -- I love the energy in your paintings -- sunflowers are my favorite flower and I paint them all the time -- I dance when I paint as I let the music sing through me and the painting then has its own song -- I am now following you --

Diane Leonard