Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"The Mysterious Everglades", 10x8, oil on canvas, great blue heron

SOLD
"The Mysterious Everglades", 10x8, oil on canvas

I was driving past a familiar lake today, and there was a great blue heron in the water. Something about him caught my eye, so I stopped the car and got out. The heron's feathers looked weird to me- mottled with white spots. As I drew closer, he flew away.

I could not get him out of my mind. Was there something wrong with his feathers? Was there something wrong with him? I certainly do not know.

But one thing that I do know is this. We are guests on this beautiful planet that God gave us to live in. We need to respect each and every single creature that lives here, and take nothing for granted since this beautiful planet is a gift that comes with responsibility. I believe that we were formed in the image of the Creator and given the wonderful gift of dominion over every creature on the planet. With that gift comes great responsibility, and we have certainly not been great stewards of the planet in the past century.





1 comment:

Prerana Kulkarni said...

Very meaningful story of the painting and of course beautiful painting too!