Sunday, March 06, 2011

Green Bowl, apple and teapot-Value Study



"Green Bowl, apple and teapot"-Value Study-10x8, oil

Tonight I did this simple value study by squinting down to see the values in the subject better. There was no dramatic lighting in the room where I painted this, so the values for the most part lie in the middle range. That was one of the things that we studied in the Clayton Beck portrait workshop that I attended last week. So I wanted to reinforce what he talked about in the workshop since I generally go in the opposite direction and use a lot of contrast in my paintings.

There are benefits to both approaches, but I wanted to work on this a bit.

You can purchase this study through PayPal by using the button below. Please allow a week for the paint to dry sufficiently enough to mail.

See more of my original art at my official website at Maryanne Jacobsen Fine Art.

No comments: