Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Path through the Sea Oats, 16x12, oil on board, by Maryanne Jacobsen


Path through the Sea Oats, 16x12, oil on board

I have been working on two large paintings, which were commissioned for the Ritz Carlton hotel in Naples, Florida, and I needed to take a break from all the concentration that a commissioned piece requires. So this was the result. It's a happy little piece that I did with a palette knife last evening and I just let go with all the color that I recalled from painting the scene en plein air at Siesta Key Beach a while back. In autumn the sea oats turn a beautiful shade of warm magenta and the effect is glorious.


If you are interested in this piece, please send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com, or visit my website at Maryanne Jacobsen Fine Art if you wish to see more of my original oil paintings.

, , , , ,, ,,, ,

1 comment:

Rolina said...

It is a beautiful painting and lifts my spirits just looking at it!