Thursday, July 07, 2011

"Purple Mountains Majesty", 8x10, oil on wrapped canvas- by Maryanne Jacobsen

SOLD

"Purple Mountains Majesty", 8x10, oil on wrapped canvas

I've been working on mountains and brushstrokes a lot lately, and I've had a ball trying to refine my knowledge of both! Sometimes, I get too involved in trying to do the "correct thing", academically speaking. But I always find that when I just experiment, using common sense, I end up accumulating little pieces of knowledge that carry over into my next endeavor.

I definitely enjoyed painting this piece, and I thank God that He has given me an artistic outlet for my passions and creativity. Here is a photo of "Purple Mountain Majesty" after I framed and varnished it for the new collector. I have a feeling he is going to be very happy when he sees it in person!

Please contact me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com if you wish to commission a painting for a loved one or for yourself!




, , , , ,, ,,,, ,, ,,

>, , , , , ,, , ,,

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

Beautiful! It has such a rich quality. Yes the buyer will be very happy with his new acquisition!