Tuesday, October 04, 2011

"Happy Hollow Farm", 14x11 , oil on board

"Happy Hollow Farm", 14x11, oil on board

This was a familiar scene in the neighborhood where I lived in Chester County, Pennsylvania before moving to Florida. It is an old stone gentleman's farm appropriately named "Happy Hollow Farm", and I can't believe that anyone living in that lovely place could be anything but happy.

I used to drive past it frequently when I had my dance school in West Chester. I always become nostalgic about Chester County at this time of year because it was so beautiful to live there, but most especially in the fall when the leaves began to turn. (Big sigh inserted here.)

Anyhow, I sure felt happy while I painted this scene!

If you are interested in purchasing this painting, please send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com.

In truth though, I may just hold on to this painting myself, just because it makes me feel happy, too!

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

It always shows when someone is passionate about what they painted. This just glows. I don't know if this place is as beautiful as you depict it, but your feelings about this lovely place poured on canvas. You make us all want to be there.

I would keep it. Everyone needs a wonderful piece of art that makes them smile and feel good.