Monday, November 07, 2011

"Three Butterflies", each painting measures 5x7, oil on board

SOLD
"Three butterflies", each are 5x7, oil on board (Note: You can click on the image to see the paintings in more detail.)

My daughter-in-law absolutely loves butterflies. She talks to them and doesn't seem to notice that they're bugs. A while back she asked me to paint her three different butterflies on small supports. I have been working on these and finally finished the last one today. I am going to frame them all in pretty gold plein air frames, and give them to her for her birthday next week.

Ssssshhhhh! Don't tell her!

It was the first time that I ever attempted to paint butterflies, and I found them rather intricate. The one in the middle is the first one that I did, and the one I am least happy with. I do think I improved as I went along, however.

I hope that she likes them!

No comments: