Monday, December 12, 2011

"Me and My Teddy Bear", 6x6, oil on museum-quality gessoboard, by Maryanne Jacobsen

SOLD
"Me and My Teddy Bear", 6x6, oil on museum-quality gessoboard, by Maryanne Jacobsen

Back when I had my dance school, I often used the song "Me and my Teddy Bear" for my three and four year-olds in the end of year recital. The parents loved it, and so did the little girls, who got to hold their precious little bears in their arms as they danced.

How many little girls (and boys, too for that matter!) do you know who haven't loved a special bear and one time in their life?

If you would like to purchase this painting, please use the Paypal button below.

And if you are not familiar with the old tune, here are the lyrics:

Me and my teddy bear
Have no worries have no care
Me and my teddy bear
Just play and play all day.

I love my teddy bear
He has one eye and has no hair
I love my teddy bear
We play and play all day.

Every night he's with me
When I climb up the stairs
And by my bed he listens
Until I say my prayers.

Oh, me and my teddy bear
Have no worries have no care
Me and my teddy bear
We play and play
All day!





No comments: