Friday, December 09, 2011

"Remains of the Day", plein air, 20x16, oil on board

"Remains of the Day", plein air 20x16, oil on board

I started this one out in the back of my house right around Thanksgiving week when the Cassia shrub was in full bloom. I went out around 4:15 and the light across the lawn was really lovely. However, within 45 minutes the shadows were gone and it was almost dark, so I had to come in.
I finally finished it yesterday.

You can see from the photo below how the gold of the cassia literally lit up the entire landscape so that was my focal point.

This painting is available for purchase. Just send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com if you are interested in this painting of a Florida garden in the fall.

To read more about cassia trees, and order your own (they're really easy to grow), just go here.

No comments: