Wednesday, February 01, 2012

"Spring Meadows"- 24x24, oil on masonite, paintings of France, Provence, flowers, fields of flowers

SOLD"Spring Meadows"- 24x24, oil on masonite

This is an older painting that I had put away for awhile because I wasn't happy with it. I took it out yesterday and tried to think about what I could do to salvage it. It needed a lot of work, which is why I consider it a fixer-upper.

Many artists will not admit it when they struggle with a painting. Many artists will not confess to the fact that they had to work at making a painting come together. Painting is hard, it's not easy. When I can take a failure and "rehab" it, I am happy. And I am not ashamed to admit it. Here is what it looked like before:



What a mess!

I think we learn a lot by re-thinking our failures. Although I would not consider the final painting a success by any stretch of the imagination, it still is an improvement upon what it was the first time around. Therefore, I know I have learned something and that makes me feel satisfied.



, , , , ,, ,,,.

1 comment:

Oil Paintings said...

Nice painting,god colors use in painting.thank you sharing...