Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Sur le Pont Couvert", 18x24, oil on linen, Strasbourg, paintings of France, impressionist painting of Le Petite France

SOLD"Sur le Pont Couvert", 18x24, oil on linen by Maryanne Jacobsen

This is the latest painting in my Strasbourg series.

If you have never been to Strasbourg, France, in the Alsace-Lorraine region, it's very scenic and fascinating, combining French with a German influence, as you can see in the architecture below.



I was standing on the bridge on the right when I took the photo which I have used as a reference for the painting above. In the distance, you can see the ancient cathedral which dates from 1200 AD. Wow! That's old!

When we were in Strasbourg, we stayed at The Hotel Gutenberg and had a great view of the cathedral from our "Rooftop" room.



Here's another photo that I took from the window of our room which shows how high up we were:



While we were there, the world cup was in progress and there was great excitement about the games in the streets. Unlike America, the Europeans are really into soccer, which they call "football".

It was a fun trip. I'd best stop here because I could go on for hours.

, , , , , ,, , .

No comments: