Monday, March 12, 2012

"Amazing Grace", 16x20, oil on linen, award winning paintings, Maryanne Jacobsen art, form and figure

"Amazing Grace", 16x20, oil on linen by Maryanne Jacobsen

This painting won a First Place ribbon on Saturday at The Englewood Art Center's Form and Figure Exhibit. It also won a Second place ribbon in January at The Venice Art Center's Portrait and Figurative exhibit!

The reception was lovely with a string quartet and poetry readings throughout. Many people came up to me afterwards and said they loved the painting. I went on to explain the reason for the title. Eirinn Abu came to church for a Christmas concert and he played "Amazing Grace" on his saxophone. It gave me chills when I heard it, and I loved the musician's gesture as he played. So I asked permission to paint him and he said "Yes!" If you would like to hear Eirinn play "Amazing Grace, here is a link to it.

I was beyond delighted to receive my third first place ribbon in less than a year's time!



, , , ,,,,

No comments: