Saturday, March 10, 2012

Berry Pickin', 5x7, oil on panel, yellow, purple, berries, yellow bird, red berries

SOLD
"Berry Pickin' ", 5x7, oil on panel

A collector friend sent me a photo of this yellow bird with a red berry in its mouth. I have been wanting to paint it for a while now and finally had a chance to attempt it the other day. It took me two days to paint a 5x7! Needless to say, I really struggled with this one. I suppose it was the bird's angle on the branch that made it hard. I'm also trying to adjust to progressive lenses in my glasses. Every time I looked down at my palette the room would tilt on its side and I'd go to grab the palette because I thought it was rolling off the table. Because I am extremely near-sighted and far-sighted, I had thought these glasses would help my art, but now I am not so sure.

No comments: