Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Catch the Wind" 8x10, oil on Raymar panel, Maryanne Jacobsen paintings, paintings of Maine, harbor, Sailboat, sunset

SOLD
"Catch the Wind" 8x10, oil on Raymar panel

After I painted "Morning Whale Watch", I had a request to do another one. So here it is. This is a scene of the schooner that sails off of Frenchman's Bay in Bar Harbor , Maine. I love the burnt orange color of its sails and coordinated the rest of the palette around that. I named it after an old Donovan song, "Catch the Wind", which was popular in the 60's and which I still enjoy hearing today.

CATCH THE WIND
Donovan

In the chilly hours and minutes of uncertainty
I long to be in the warm hold of your mind
To feel you all around me and to take your hand across the sand
Ah but I may as well try and catch the wind

When sundown pales the sky I want to hide a while behind your smile
And everywhere I'd look your eyes I'd find
For me to love you now would be the sweetest thing, 'twould make me sing
Ah but I might as well try and catch the wind
Dee dee dee dee etc

When rain has covered leaves with tears
I want you near to kill my fears
To help me leave all my blues behind
While standing in your heart is where I wanna be and long to be
Ah but I might as well try and catch the wind
Ah but I may as well try and catch the wind 

No comments: