Set up a few roses in my kitchen and this was the result. See my set-up below.
For those not familiar with the French term, pas de trois usually refers to a dance in ballet between three people. (or roses, lol!) Typically a Pas de trois in ballet consists of 6 parts.
Yes, this painting did indeed consist of 6 separate parts!
1. Paint in your north lit studio for an hour
2. Realize you can't see a danged thing in your north lit studio including your painting
3. Wipe the whole danged thing out
4. Start over in the kitchen where you are happy to discover that you're not actually blind
5. Find your mojo after another hour of frustration and continue painting for another hour
6. Sign the finished painting and sigh!
Lots of thick paint in this one!