Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"The Pond at Horseshoe Farm", 11x14, paintings of ponds, reflections, trees, farm, stables, horses, Chester County, Pennsylvania landscapes, MAryanne Jacobsen art

SOLD
"The Pond at Horseshoe Farm", 11x14

This scene looks out over the pond and stables at the Strawbridge's Hetheridge Farm on St. Matthews Road in Chester Springs, Pa. It also happens to be the scene that I used to look at every day from my back yard when I lived in Horseshoe Farm in Chester Springs.





 The sun always came up over the pond in the morning,and the reflections of the pines on the far bank against the sky color reflecting into the pond was pretty amazing.

This painting was done a couple years ago, but I took it out yesterday and re-worked it slightly. I then posted a picture of the revised painting on Facebook and it sold right away.

I'm guessing that I'll miss looking at this painting, which has been hanging in my home for a while, just as I still miss looking out the back windows of my old home at the lovely pond at Horseshoe Farm.

No comments: