Tuesday, September 23, 2014

1969, oil on panel, 12x12, Happy days, paintings of the sixties, Chevelle, SS 396, Grease, memories, LA High School, Lansdowne, nostalgia

"1969", 12x12, oil on panel

This was truly a blast from the past.

I found an old picture of myself the summer that I graduated high school, which was..... ummmmm....you guessed it- 1969!

 I was wearing a tie-dyed shirt, culotte shorts and moccasins and sitting atop the SS 396 Super Sport Chevelle of my future husband, along with two friends, Dave and Ruth.

The days were carefree and high school was over. It was "We go together" all over again.

I had fun painting this. Maybe because times are less simple now. Maybe becaue it made me feel young again. And maybe it was just because those happy days were mine and  yours and ours....


Happy and free. (Oh Happy Days)
These days are ours
Share them with me.(Oh Happy Days)
Goodbye grey sky, hello blue,
'cause nothing can hold me when I hold you.
feels so right it can't be wrong,
rockin' and rollin' all week long.

Read more: Happy Days - Happy Days Theme Song Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Here's my shameless reference photo. Yeah it was a little blurry. But it still brought  back those happy days.


No comments: