Saturday, March 05, 2016

"La Paix", after Cortes, 9x12, oil on Raymar panel, After Eduard Cortes, French impressionism, Paris opera, flower lady

"La Paix", after Cortes, 9x12, oil on Raymar panel (Note: you can click on the image to see more detail.)

I have found that my work has been getting tighter and tighter over the years and this is not something I'm happy about. I love the work of Eduard Cortes, who was a French impressionist painter born in 1882 of both French and Spanish ancestry. He was known as the "Parisian Poet of Painting" and indeed his Parisian scenes are poetic!

The painting above is a scene he painted numerous times over his lifetime of painting and I used the images of his paintings to help me loosen up a bit. If you love French impressionism and have never checked out his work, please do so! And thank-you Eduard, for the inspiration you give me! This was fun to paint!

No comments: