Monday, October 31, 2016

"Long Shadows, Coverdale Farm", 12x16, oil, Coverdale FArms,, Wilmington Delaware, plein air Brandywine VAlley, farms, fall scenes, autumn landscapes

"Long Shadows, Coverdale Farm", 12x16, oil

This was the first painting that I did during the Plein Air Brandywine Valley event two weeks ago. I had painted at Coverdale last year with good results, so I thought this first painting would be a piece of cake.

As it turns out, it was a little tricky as I tried to capture the shadows from the fencing. The best thing about the location was the sheep in the pen next to me who serenaded me with his baaaaas as I painted.

The morning grew progressively warmer and I had to strip off all those layers of clothing I had put on for warmth. Overall, a perfect morning to paint!

Contact me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com if you are interested in this fall scene.

No comments: