Friday, March 09, 2018

"The Dream House", 16x20, oil, California impressionism, Santa Barbara homes, dream house, road trips, palette knife paintings, MAryanne Jacobsen art

SOLD
"The Dream House", 16x20, oil (Note: click on the image to see the detail)

This was painted over ten years ago, after I had visited California for the first time. We took a road trip up the coast , starting in San Diego and ending in San Francisco, and oh what a road trip it was!

One of my best memories was a short stop at Santa Barbara for lunch overlooking a harbor and then a ride up into the mountains where the vistas were beautiful and the homes were opulent.

A brief stop at a tiny monastery, found us staring at this statue and engraving which read,

"I am a man. No men are foreigners to me. Of one blood are all nations."



Further up the mountain , the roads became steeper and more narrow and the scenery even more dramatic. I stopped and snatched a photo of this lovely home, nestled under the shadow of the mountains :



So that home became the subject of my painting, "The Dream House".

This painting is available, please send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com if interested in this work.

No comments: