Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mixed gerber daisies

SOLD Mixed Gerber Daisies in a Crystal Vase, 8x 10, oil on canvas

I've been working on color and flower combinations for my oldest son's upcoming wedding. He and his fiancee asked me to help them decide on flowers and colors, but are stuck on an orange and sage green combination. I am trying to convince them to add some red to the mix since red is the compliment of green which is the color of the bridesmaid's gowns. I bought this bouquet and arranged it , and then took photos. They are talking orchids and lillies, and I, of course, am trying to be practical in choosing the less expensive daisies. After taking the photos, I decided to paint the arrangement, because it was so pretty. I don't know if I'll change their mind, but at least I enjoyed painting this floral.



1 comment:

Dana S. Whitney said...

The joys of being Mother of the Groom are small and few. The painting, however, is wonderful. Best wishes on the wedding.