Thursday, May 02, 2013

"Pacific Grove Ice Plants", 14x11, plein air, ice plants, Pacific Grove, Lover's Point, pink flowers

"Pacific Grove Ice Plants", 14x11, plein air

Another "must paint" on my bucket list while I was in California were ice plants. These beautiful pinkish purple flowers covered the coast like a plush carpet in Pacific Grove last week. It was extremely cold and windy on the ledge next to the ocean when I set up my easel, so I had to work quickly. I loved having the cypress trees in the background as well.





Eventually my bag blew off the ledge and my easel almost went with it, at which point I decided to call it quits. If you'd like to know more about ice plants, here's a good link. If you would like to purchase this painting, please send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com.

No comments: