Wednesday, June 05, 2013

"Dancing Queens and a Pear", 12x12, oil on board, roses, pink roses, dancing queen roses, pear, glass bottles, impressionism

SOLD
"Dancing Queens and a Pear", 12x12, oil on board
Note: This painting was juried into the American Impressionist Society's 2013 annual show!

I wanted to take advantage of those three lovely roses that I painted earlier in the week to create one more painting before they were gone. I arranged them with a pear and glass bottles that worked with the color scheme I had in my mind, which was an analogous theme using mostly cools of red, blue and green.

I used a palette knife in the pear and roses and a brush in other areas and so the painting has areas of thick impasto as well as thinner paint.

You can click the image in order to see the impasto better.

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

This is a very lovely piece. I like how your grays surrounding your objects play them up nicely. Well done.