Friday, July 05, 2013

"French Blues", 8x10, oil on board, paintings of France, Provence, blue doors, blue shutters

"French Blues", 8x10, oil on board

Well, as you can see, I finally have California out of my system, and now I am on a French kick~!

Oh lala, how I love all those blue doors and shutters that you see throughout Provence. Can you imagine how positively awesome it would be to live on this little winding street in the French Alps?

This was a fun way to spend another rainy afternoon in Florida-imagining that I am somewhere else as I painted!

On a happy note, I rec'd notification today that my painting, "Dancing Queens and a Pear", was juried into the prestigious American Impressionist Society's annual juried show, to be held at the M Gallery in Charleston in the fall.This is only the second time that I have been successful since I started entering the show 4 years ago, and the competition gets tougher each year, so I am honored to have had this painting chosen for the show! Yippee!




1 comment:

Ivy Clad said...

Congratulations on getting your painting into the show! You deserve it! It's lovely.

Keri