Friday, October 10, 2014

"The Red House, Swim Beach", 6x6, oil , Monhegan Island, Venice Art Center, award-winning paintings, MAryanne Jacobsen art, boats, red

"The Red House, Swim Beach", 6x6, oil

Was delighted to find out that my little painting of the Red House on Monhegan Island was awarded second place in the Venice Art Center's Mini and Maxi show this evening.

I almost didn't enter the painting because I was confused about the size requirements for the show. Turns out that the paintings had to be either very large or very small. The painting that I took over to receiving was only an 11x14, but I soon learned it was too large. So I went home, picked up this little guy and brought him back to the art center.

So happy I did!

The painting is framed in a beautiful Randy Higbee floater frame and can be purchased through he Venice Art Center.  You can call them at 941-485-7136 for purchase information regarding this little gem.

Here I am at tonight's reception with good friend and fellow plein air painter Karen Hitt. Karen rec'd the third place ribbon for her lovely little watercolor of Venice. Congrats, Karen!



No comments: