Monday, September 04, 2017

"Weeping Willow Farm", oil, 22x30 on wrapped canvas, farms, colorist art, impressionism, Maryanne Jacobsen art, weeping willow, Pennsylvania landscapes

"Weeping Willow Farm", oil, 22x30 on wrapped canvas

I painted this a few years back, on a day that I was feeling nostalgic about my old home back in Chester Springs, Pa. The area is beautiful, dotted with rolling hills, horse farms and little springhouses atop babbling brooks. This farm was not far from my own homestead and I often went past it on my daily walks.

I depicted it in late summer, with a field of nasturtium in the foreground, and the willow tree just beginning to shed some leaves in preparation for the colder months.

If you are interested in this painting, please contact me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com, and thanks for visiting my blog!


1 comment:

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Greetings from the UK. A good painting. Good luck with selling it.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.