Friday, April 18, 2008

Siesta Key- 18x20,by Maryanne Jacobsen

SOLD Siesta Key Morning, 16x20, oil on linen

The wedding was beautiful, though not without unexpected stresses that were out of the range of control, including the unexpected cancellation of my middle son's flight from San Diego to attend his brother's wedding. (Thanks American Airlines , you suck.)Read more about it here

We finally found a flight for David, (who was also in the wedding and playing the bride and groom's favorite song on his guitar as the bride came down the aisle), though I'll need to sell a heck of a lot of paintings in order to recoup the cost of that flight.

Tuesday finally found me ready to paint again, and after a couple very unsuccessful starts at still life paintings of calla lillies and orchids, I decided to go to a spot that I know very well, and paint to the tune of seagulls chatter, and gulf breezes through my dwindling hair.


I've painted many times on Siesta key, but rarely alone. This opportunity to enjoy the tranquility of nature after a month of business was a blessing from the creator. I realize that daily painting hones one's skills and after almost a month off, I felt the way I once used to feel after taking a month off from ballet classes and trying to get back into shape. It's not easy.



Here is the scene that I attempted to paint over the last 3 days. Thanks for looking.




, , , , ,, ,,,

No comments: