Wednesday, June 20, 2007

untitled, a work in progress


Untitled and unfinished, 24x24

I started working on this a few days ago. It's turning into a bit of a phantasy piece-a combination of some of my favorite paintings I've done and places that I've seen. There's elements of Provence, Sardinia, Tuscany and Big Sur in this painting, as anyone who has been following my work can probably see. It was dark when I photographed it. The color in the water is actually very interesting, though it's pretty hard to tell from this photo.

The foreground is looking pretty good to me now. The middle and background still need a lot of development, which I'll be doing in the next few days. Overall, I like the way it's coming together though. I just need to figure out how to unify it, so it doesn't look like a menage a quatre, or cinq.... or six....

No comments: