Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Winter's Chill- Valley Forge"

SOLD"Winter's Chill- Valley Forge", 8x10 , oil on canvas

This is a small study that I did today. I may try a larger one at a later date; I'm not sure. I almost never paint snow, and I haven't lived in Chester County, Pennsylvania for almost 5 years, so I really had to think about light temperature before starting this painting. Pennsylvania is a beautiful state, but painting it is quite different from painting Florida landscapes which reflect a very orangey/hot light temperature most of the year. Anyhow, I love Valley Forge and I miss the bike rides that my hubby and I would take there on Saturday mornings to unwind after a hectic week of work. In winter, Valley Forge has an almost mystical quality to it. I tried to capture some essence of the quality of a cold wintry day in that historically mystical field when I painted this.

, , , , ,
,
., , ,

No comments: