Saturday, October 17, 2009

"French Creek at Birchrunville, Pa", 16x12, oil, by Maryanne Jacobsen

"French Creek at Birchrunville, Pa", 16x12, oil on canvas

This is a smaller version of a painting I did a few years ago which I titled "God's Palette". It depicts a tributary of the French Creek in Chester County, Pa. right off Hollow Rd. at the Sheeder Hall Bridge in Birchrunville. A favorite fishing and picnic spot of my husband and I in the days when we lived in Chester Springs, (see photo below) I invariably grow home sick for the place around October when the fall colors appear in all of their bewitchment. Birchrunville was an easy bike ride from my old home and is home to a fabulous post office/ gourmet restaurant, gorgeous gentlemen's farms, and of course the French Creek's babbling waters. It has an annual fourth of July parade that is second to none for its quaintness and quirkyness.


This painting was done with palette knife only and contains thick impasto strokes of vibrant color.
, , , , ,,,,

No comments: