Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Wine Country Picnic", miniature paintings, a painting a day, paintings of wine, wine country, paintings of grapes, affordable paintings, Napa Valley

SOLD

"Wine Country Picnic", 5x7, oil on Raymar linen panel

I am finally feeling much more confident painting grapes. My friend Jon Greeley says that painting grapes are easy. Well, easy for him to say! I messed around with this little painting till I finally managed to add some volume to the grapes. I think I should thank David Leffel for helping me with this one. He will tell you that the shadow side of the grape is always more vibrant in color than where the light enters from the front. That is because as the light exits the grape on its shadow site, the grape lights up with vibrant color! Thanks David!




, , , , ,, ,,,, , ,.

No comments: