Monday, April 18, 2011

"Ancient Village-Peru", oil on masonite, 16x12-by Maryanne Jacobsen

"Ancient Village-Peru", oil on masonite, 16x12

This is an older painting that just recently came out of an exhibit that I had at a restaurant downtown. I've always like this painting, and whenever I look at it, I realize that I should use more burnt sienna in my landscapes! The warmth it added to the foreground was perfect, and it still allowed me to make the background receed through the use of cooler colors. An artist friend took this photo from her vacation in Peru and was kind enough to share it.

This painting was done with palette knife only and has thick , sumptuous paint layers throughout. Please send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com for purchase information about this painting. To visit my official website and learn more about me and my art, please go here.


, , , , ,,,,

No comments: