Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"Midsummer Daydream", 8x10, oil on linen, paintings of women, Midsummer Night's Dream, Titania, garland, May Queen


"Midsummer Daydream", 8x10, oil on linen

The narrow bud opens her beauties to
The sun, and love runs in her thrilling veins;
Blossoms hang round the brows of Morning, and
Flourish down the bright cheek of modest Eve,
Till clust’ring Summer breaks forth into singing,
And feather’d clouds strew flowers round her head.
- William Blake

I painted this back in November but there were some passages in it that I wasn't happy with. So today I took the painting out and made some revisions to it. It's always a good thing when you can pinpoint mistakes in a painting. It's an even better thing when you can figure out how to fix the errors! I definitely came a little closer to achieving what I originally wanted in this portrait, so I am happy:0)

Thank-you William Blake for your beautiful poetry. I think the two work well together, don't you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful and unique. Your color palette on this piece is especially stunning. And the graceful lines of the composition are wonderful! Good for you, to be able to recognize the weak areas and then to know how to fix them. That is the mark of a truly accomplished artist, I think! Congrats on a wonderful painting!