Wednesday, August 14, 2013

"Looking for White Rabbits", 9x12, color study, little girls, white dresses, gardens, roses

SOLD
"Looking for White Rabbits", 9x12

This was a study in trying consciously  to mute my colors, rather than over-saturating them.

I have heard a lot of people say that it is hard to learn a colorist technique after using earth colors and being a tonalist for many years. I can say that as someone who began as a colorist, it is just as hard to try to bring your palette closer to nature! I have been working on that for a while now, and the results have always been muddy colors. So I continue to struggle with a balance between being a colorist and still keeping my paintings representational. I really concentrated on keeping my greens and shadow colors muted in this study.


No comments: