Wednesday, December 24, 2014

"Pigtails and Teddy Bears", 12x12, oil, paintings of little girls, toys, teddy bears, braids, pigtails, award-winning paintings

"Pigtails and Teddy Bears", 12x12, oil

Was very happy to find out that my painting "Pigtails and Teddy Bears" received a merit award last week at the Venice Art Center's Portrait and Figurative Exhibit, "The Human Condition". This is the third year in a row that I have received an award in this show, so I am grateful. There are many, many talented portrait and figurative artists that live in my area and enter this show, including Hodges, Soileau, Bill Farnworth, Jeff Cornell and many others, so I am always a little in awe to find that my work has been recognized amongst such a talented group of peers.

Thank-you to judge, Jon Greeley, for the recognition.

This painting is beautifully framed and can be purchased through the Venice Art Center. Feel free to email me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com for additional information.

No comments: