Friday, March 27, 2015

"Afternoon Garden", 8x10, oil on panel, plein air, Lighthouse Plein air Festival, Palm Beach, Jupiter, Florida, Society of the Four Arts, Palm Beach Garden Club, wet paint

SOLD
"Afternoon Garden", 8x10, oil on panel, plein air

Here is another painting that I did for the Lighthouse Plein air Festival, which sold at the gala.

I painted it in the afternoon of the second day of the event and it was a lovely day in the gardens of the Society of the Four Arts. As I mentioned in my last post, the Society is located in Palm Beach and the gardens are maintained by The Garden Club of Palm Beach. There is an abundance of beautiful color there in the garden, as well as beautiful art sculptures everywhere.

The night of the gala there was a wonderful crowd of art enthusiasts and many paintings were sold that night. Here is my wall of four paintings from the gala:


If you look closely you'll notice that my paintings ended up sandwiched between Neal Hughes (who won first place) and Shelby Keefe, (who won second place). Neal painted right next to me in the Japanese garden one morning and it was an honor to have been juried into a show that included artists of such incredible talent. Morgan Samuel Price judged the winning paintings at the gala, and as I said in yesterday's post, some of America's leading plein air artists participated in the event, so it must have been very difficult to choose the winners! Congrats to all who participated and thanks to the Lighthouse Arts committee for putting on such a lovely event and producing so many sales!


No comments: