Sunday, July 12, 2015

"Indian Summer", 6x6, oil on panel, paintings of covered bridges, red bridge farm, Elverson, Pennsylvania, Paintings of Chester County, Pennsylvania, small paintings, little gems, Maryanne Jacobsen art, original oil paintings

"Indian Summer", 6x6, oil on panel

I came upon this red covered bridge on my way to a plein air event in Pennsylvania. It was so unexpected that I screeched on my car  brakes and kept saying, "Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!"

You see, now that I have lived in Florida for ten years, (no offense to Floridians intended),coming upon little unexpected gems like this is a totally delightful event and one in which I will never again take for granted! (Even though I lived in Chester County for most of my life!)

Chester County, Pennsylvania is noted for its many beautiful covered bridges. Many have been restored in their entirety, but some retain their original classic old charm.

Contact me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com if you have any interest in this little vignette.

No comments: