Wednesday, February 01, 2017

"Falling Down", 7x9, oil, paintings of water, waterfalls, small studies, allaprima, MAryanne Jacobsen art, cascading water, Susan Ploughe workshop

"Falling Down", 7x9, oil

I've been taking a workshop this week with Susan Ploughe, an award-winning artist with a caring and professional teaching style. In each segment of the workshop , titled "Waterways", we look at the different aspects of water and how to approach the challenge of painting it. So far we have covered still water, reflections , ripples and waterfalls. I guess you can guess which segment represents my painting!

After a short slideshow, followed by a demo by Susan, we are allowed to choose from about half a dozen photos and see what we can do with the chosen picture. This was my first attempt at painting a waterfall and I managed to do it in just a little over an hour. I'm not unhappy with it, but realize, I need to work a lot on softening my edges.

I'm looking forward to more water paintings tomorrow, the last day of these fun and informative 3 day water workshop.


No comments: