This was the first time that I ever attempted to paint a grouping of white flowers. I think the reddish centers of these peonies gave the painting the extra color needed to keep the painting from being boring.
I used a fairly limited palette of two yellows, two reds, and two blues, plus Winsor Green, and I found that this helped me from getting confused about how to mix the warm and cool neutrals.
When I look back to the first paintings that I did of peonies earlier this summer, I can see that I am becoming more proficient with painting these difficult, but beautiful blooms. This is probably the last of my peony paintings for awhile, since they are now out of season. Hopefully by next summer I won't forget what I learned this summer!