Friday, June 15, 2018

"Wish You Were Here", 11x14, oil on panel, Maryanne Jacobsen art, Galer Winery and Estate, Peonies, paintings of peonies, wine, Kennett Square attractions, Chester County Wineries, still life, impressionism, AirBnB

SOLD
"Wish You Were Here", 11x14, oil on panel

My husband and I have been using Airbnb and VRBO for years. With very few exceptions we have been very happy with these sites, which offer an eclectic array of alternatives to hotels.

A recent trip took us to a lovely Cottage on the grounds of the Galer Winery and Estate near Longwood Gardens in Chester County, Pa.

The cottage overlooks the vineyard, and it is the perfect place to relax and enjoy nature. The peonies were blooming and we were greeted by bouquets of peonies in our room when we arrived. The interior is charming and quite cozy, and we loved the views from the window and front porch. The booking also provides for a complimentary wine tasting!


I couldn't resist setting up a little still life using the peonies to full advantage, as you can see from the finished painting above.

I hate telling about the little gems that we have found along our winding roads, but this one was just too good not to brag about. If you are looking for a great place to stay for a romantic weekend in the Brandywine Valley, I highly recommend this little gem of a cottage!

If you would like to purchase my painting, "Wish you were Here", just follow this link and use the PayPal button. And if you like my work, don't forget to follow me on Instagram and sign up for my newsletter through my website.



No comments: