Saturday, February 02, 2019

"Cookies and Milk", 12x16, oil on Arches oil paper, cookies, milk, sunflowers, quick study, painting from life, allaprima Maryanne JAcobsen art, food as art

"Cookies and Milk", 12x16, oil on Arches oil paper. (Note:, click on the image so you can see it better!)


I've decided to try to paint something from life every day for a month. I know it will definitely improve my drawing and observation skills, so I'll try to stick with it!

This was Day 1's attempt. I painted it late last night and the light on the easel was so bad that I felt like I was painting a nocturne. That being said, I did it. Day One completed.

Here was my set-up before I ate the cookies.

Please send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com, if you would like to purchase this study.

No comments: