Wednesday, June 08, 2022

"Senorita", 8x10, oil study, small portrait, portraits of beautiful ladies, affordable art, señorita, Spanish woman, Spanish dancer, little gems

SOLD



 "Senorita", 8x10, oil study

I really enjoy doing these small portraits. The trick is to not spend a lot of time on them, because they are only studies, otherwise they start looking overworked.

I don't think I overworked this one. I did have to rework one of her eyes a bit, but overall I think it still looks fresh. The best art video I have ever owned and watched is Jeff Watts, Gesture Portraits. In that video he demonstrates about 6 or7 quick 30 minute gesture portraits that result in a fresh, dynamic end result.

I have tried to do these in half an hour, and I never succeed. But I do manage to keep them under 2 hours.

I hadn't done one of these in a while, though Jeff advises that we do them everyday for a warm up. This little portrait is of a lovely señorita with a wistful look in her eye.

Thanks for visiting my blog. For purchase info, please go here.

No comments: