Saturday, December 03, 2022

"Winter Cheer", 8x10, oil, winter, yellow roses, impressionism, windowsill paintings, wintry weather




 "Winter Cheer", 8x10, oil

I haven't painted or posted much in recent months. Hurricane Ian did a lot of destruction to our little town and to our home as well. So my husband and I have been working for days on end trying to get our front and back yard repaired. The storm took down two huge trees (which luckily didn't hit the house) But they created a lot of destruction in the course of their own demise. In addition, our "bird cage" , which is the large aluminum structure that covers and protects our pool and lanai, collapsed and our roof needs to be completely replaced. It's been a lot of work and frustration over the past two months, but I determined to get back to painting recently.

The above painting is my attempt to get looser and less left brained in my approach to painting. I have always enjoyed doing windowsill paintings, which is what I call paintings of florals with a window as a backdrop, and so winter storms up north recently were the inspiration to paint something warm and inviting against a cold wintry background.

I hope to continue to post regularly in the future!

No comments: