Sunday, June 18, 2023

Jake's Crab Boat, 12x9, oil, plein air, Blackburn Point, Osprey Florida, Crab boat, paintings of old boats, Southwest Florida scenes


 Jake's Crab Boat, 12x9, oil, plein air

I painted this depiction of an old crab boat on the intercostal waterway at Blackburn Point, Osprey Florida about ten years ago. Sadly, that little piece of land looks much different today, thanks to development.

That is the good thing about painting on location. You can capture beloved scenes and places before they disappear for good. I painted there a few times with friends. Afterwards, we'd go to a little fish hut on the other side of the bridge and have lunch. Those are pleasant memories.


I held on to this painting for ten years, just because I enjoyed painting that day, and felt I had had a successful outcome. But now it is for sale for only $100, through my website.

Go here to purchase!

No comments: