Saturday, March 01, 2008

Venice Paint-Out in Paradise

SOLD "Basking in the sun ", 12x16, oil on canvas



Here is the third and last of the three paintings that I created last week during the paint-out. It was a pot of flowers, literally basking in the sun on the patio of Luna's Restaurant in downtown Venice. This painting was fun for me to do as it was spontaneous, and it sold immediately at the show's reception last night. I received many wonderful compliments about my work last night and sold 2 of the three paintings as well! I'm glad I participated in this event- I hope to have the chance to do many more! The gracious Swiss gentlemen who bought this painting was taking pictures at the event. I hope to upload some photos of the event to this blog when they become available.




No comments: