Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Piton View-St. Lucia

SOLD View of the Pitons- St. Lucia, 9x12, oil on gallery-wrapped linen



I visited St. Lucia back in the early 90's and it is definitely one of the most beautiful and lush islands in the French Antilles. I used a photo from that vacation for reference here. This painting should look a little different than my usual fare. The reason is because I used a brush instead of a palette knife and toned my canvas first , instead of working from a white ground. I found that this tried and true method that 95% of oil painters use was much quicker and easier than the route I usually take to compose a painting. I also used less paint! I am curious as to the response...



As my son's wedding is just a few weeks away, my painting posts will become less and less frequent. Please bear with me! Thanks to all my collectors new and old for their support of my artwork in recent weeks. Keep it up, please!




No comments: