Friday, September 04, 2009

Bleeding Heart

SOLD
"Bleeding Heart", 12x12, oil on wrapped canvas (Note: You can click on the picture for a better view.)

I usually am not a fan of my own artwork, but this piece speaks to my heart on many levels. Suffice it to say, that it never takes much to make me cry. Whether it's a silly old movie, or a dog with soulful eyes, I am guaranteed to cry at the drop of a hat.

That being said, there is something very beautiful about the sadness in this painting- something poignant and unfulfilled begotten in a world of broken promises. I consider myself incredibly blessed, with a husband of many years who loves me and still brags about me in ways I find silly and embarrassing. So this is not about me. This painting is about others, and the sadness they feel when the people they most love and respect let them down. If I could sit face to face and talk to them, I'd tell them all the same thing. The world will let you down. But God will not.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”- Matthew11:28-29

, , , , ,,,,

No comments: